Pool Safety » Swimming Pool Chemical Safety
Chemicals needed for clean, sanitized water can be extremely harmful and dangerous when stored or used improperly.
Follow these simple guidelines for use, storage and handling of swimming pool chemicals:
- Keep all chemicals out of reach of children and pets. It is a good idea to keep them locked up.
- Chemical agents for test kits should be replaced each year.
- Keep the original lids on all chemical containers and make sure the lids are closed tightly when not in use.
- Do not stack different chemicals on top of one another.
- Store chemicals in a cool, dry, well ventilated area preferably off the floor.
- Do not store your pool chemicals where other flammable items may mix with them.
- Before using chemicals, carefully read the label and follow manufacturers' instructions
- Always add chemicals to water-never add water to chemicals.
- When mixing chemicals with water always use a clean bucket that has not been used to store chemicals in the past.
- Never mix chemicals with other chemicals.
- Wear safety gear when handling chemicals.
- Do not inhale chemical fumes, this can cause unconsciousness, and severe injury.
- Never smoke around chemicals.
Not following these guidelines can result in Fire, Explosion, severe injury and even death. Please be careful with pool chemicals.